Steps Prior to Registration
The board of Education immunization requirement must be met before you will be allowed to register.
- Consult the Bulletin: The bulletin provides you with course pre-requisites and course descriptions. (The undergraduate bulletin is available on the web at www.pc.fsu.edu.
- Seek Academic Advising: All students (undergraduate, graduate, special and transient) should seek academic advising. Advisors are listed by program/major on the web at www.pc.fsu.edu.
- Obtain All Approvals for Special Registration Permits: Courses that are restricted to majors require departmental approval for non-majors. Directed individual study permits, modifying course credit and permission to take a graduate course as an undergraduate student are other examples of forms requiring signature approval. Allow sufficient time to obtain approval signatures.
- Know Your Registration Window: Your registration window is assigned to you by your student status and the number of credit hours you have earned toward graduation. Refer to Registration Windows link on the Registration Guide web page and find your begin date for registration. You may change your schedule as often as you wish up until the closing date of registration. Avoid a $100 late registration fee by registering before the closing date for regular registration.
Clear All Registration Stops
Log on to campus.fsu.edu, select the tab “Secure Apps” and use the link “Registration stops/warnings.” The most common stops are due to outstanding fees and tuition or graduation checks.
The Registration Process
- Obtain Your FSUCard and Activate Your FSUID. You must activate your FSUID and create a password to access on-line registration through Blackboard.
- Check Course Offerings. Use FSU’s on-line Course LookUp Search Form (http://apps.oti.fsu.edu/RegistrarCourseLookup/SearchForm) or www.pc.fsu.edu > Quicklinks > Course Look-up for the most current course offering information. For each course you wish to register for, record the five-digit reference number correctly and be careful not to select courses that meet at the same time. The system will not check for time conflicts.
- Log on to campus.fsu.edu.
- Click the “Secure Apps” tab. Read and accept the policy statement to continue.
- Click the “Register for Classes” link.
- A liability and protected area notice appears. Click “Yes” if you accept and want to continue.
- If you have any stops, they are displayed for you at this point along with contact information. If you have no stops, you are prompted to select the year and term for you wish to register.
- Follow the instructions for dropping/adding classes. Enter up to five classes using the five-digit reference number. The registration system will not allow you to register for more than eighteen  semester hours. To register for overload hours, contact your academic adviser for approval.
- Pay tuition by the deadline posted in the Academic Calendar (visit http://www.sfs.fsu.edu for additional fee payment information).